Chocolate Waffle Sandwich with Whipped Cream Bananas and Peanut Butter Drizzle are FLIPPING AMAZING!
Do not be intimidated by this chocolate waffle sandwich with fresh whipped cream, soft banana slices and peanut butter honey drizzle because it was so easy to make and soooooo irresistibly delicious. I could not have the peanut butter drizzle myself due to allergies, but being a former peanut butter lover I knew this combo would be one that sets off fireworks in your mouth. The lucky taste tester of the peanut butter drizzle was completely jaw dropped. For myself I had it with maple syrup, but also enjoyed the second open faced with no syrup and it was still simply amazing.
Using my favorite store bought Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle mix makes this recipe simple and delicious. Adding unsweetened cocoa powder of your choice with a pinch of cinnamon right into the batter takes an ordinary waffle and makes it into something special. Now for the toppings, I prefer fresh whipped cream that only take five minutes to whip up, but you can of course substitute that for a can of fresh whipped cream to make it even faster. Layering soft banana slices right on top of the sweetened whip cream. The grand finale, a simple two ingredient drizzle of peanut butter and honey that takes this amazing waffle sandwich and turns it into something phenomenal!
I’m not sure if this is a breakfast or dessert, but I am certain your going to want to make these waffles again and again! Looking forward to watching this recipe take off and to hear your reviews! Sharing amazing recipes is my mission and I think being pregnant has taking this specific recipe to a whole new level of awesome, ENJOY!
P.S. Use your favorite Cocoa powder of choice. If you are looking for a really delicious organic cocoa I recently splurged on one at Whole Foods, Rapunzel Organic Cocoa Powder and it was well worth it. This delectable cocao is also available for purchase on Amazon.com
My personal favorite waffle maker
- 3½ cups Trader Joe's Buttermilk Pancake & all purpose baking mix
- 2 cups water plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder of choice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Fresh Whipped Cream: (can substitute for store bought)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drizzle: (double if needed)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ripened bananas
- Optional: powder sugar
- Stir all ingredients for the waffle together with whisk until smooth (makes about 12 4 inch waffles)
- Add a little batter at a time to your waffle maker and cook to desired texture and transfer to wire wrack (stacking waffles while warm can result in soggy waffles)
- Fresh whipped cream:
- Using mixer add heavy whipping cream and beat until almost soft peaks
- Add sugar and vanilla just before the cream forms stiff peaks
- In small bowl add two parts honey to every one part peanut butter and mix, I made a small batch using 1 tablespoon peanut butter to 2 tablespoons of honey
- Slice bananas
- Break waffle into section placing whipped cream first, then a layer of bananas, followed by a drizzle of peanut butter and topped with another waffle piece
- Optional: Finish with a dusting of powder sugar if you like
You may also enjoy…