Do you have a recipe that you swear your going to give to family and friends one day. You know, when you finally get around to actually measuring the ingredients out, instead of your usual a little of this a little of that concoction. Well, this Classic Turkey Chili is my personal favorite chili recipe that I never actually measured until just the other day. I’m finally sharing the recipe with everyone because one, I finally forced myself to measuring the ingredients, two it’s just that darn good, fresh and healthy. This turkey chili has become a staple in my meal rotation and I’m elated to finally share with everyone my love for this amazing one pot chili recipe.
I have to admit, I took the picture for the chili topped with sour cream, but for myself I prefer not to add any. I love to douse my big bowl of chili with tons of cheddar cheese and chopped green onion. For the kids the sour cream seems to mild out the spicy flavor, making the chili more kid friendly. Whether you top the chili with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions or nothing at all (which is still awesome) I’m betting your going to want to make this over and over again.
Highly encourage you to check out my easy and scrumptious recipe for Green Chiles N’ Cheddar Corn Muffins!
Another added bonus… This Chili makes a great meal prep for freezing!
I just posted this on my Instagram account (follow me 🙂 )… You can purchase these awesome Bento Lunch Boxes by clicking here…
Don’t wait, indulge today in this healthy, delicious and comforting Turkey Chili!
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- OPTIONAL: ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- TOPPINGS: Chopped green onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- In an extra large pot or skillet add the olive oil over medium high heat
- Add the onion and garlic and saute about 2 minutes or until softened
- Add the chopped orange and green peppers and saute a couple more minutes or until pepper are tender
- Add the ground turkey and cook until it browns, breaking the turkey up as it cooks
- Add the black beans, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, chili powder, brown sugar, hot sauce, basil, cumin, oregano, salt, the optional cayenne and stir until all ingredients combined
- Bring the chili to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer
- Simmer chili uncovered for 35-40 minutes
- OPTIONAL: Top with chopped green onion, cheddar cheese, sour cream