I just finished a big bowl of chili with these delicious cornbread’s and have a few words of advice I would like to share. One, never go grocery shopping when hungry, especially at whole foods while pregnant or you will be needing your credit card. Two, attempting to write while in a state of “food coma” is not recommended since this makes for very slow functioning brain, couple that with being pregnant and I’m basically useless ha. That’s the best advice I have for you today and believe me when I say these breads are the perfect side for any soup, stew or chili.
This may shock you, but I’m not a huge fan of jalapenos, maybe that will change one day. Whether your looking for a change from your usual jalapeno cheddar corn breads or a simple new recipe, these corn breads are a perfect addition to your cookbook. The mild flavor of the fire roasted diced green chile’s coupled with lots of cheddar cheese is a flavor combination to be savored. I hope you enjoy these little perfect creations each with their own crunchy outer shell and topped with extra cheddar cheese for a chewy delicious top. Corn, Chile’s and Cheese oh my!
- 1 box Trader Joe cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ of a 4 ounce can of Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Diced Green Chile's
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease muffin tin (I use canola oil)
- Beat egg and oil in large mixing bowl
- Mix in milk and green chile's
- Add cornbread mix and stir until moistened
- Lastly add cheddar cheese mix lightly and evenly distribute into muffin tins
- Top each muffin with a little extra cheddar cheese before baking
- Bake for about 24 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean
If you like this recipe you may also want to check these out!