Looking for your new holiday cookie to impress? Look no further! I took a cookie I have loved for years and added a little of this, a little of that and made it the ultimate holiday cookie that will knock out all other cookie competitors. To say these are delicious is an understatement and my husband can testify for me. Their is currently one left from the batch and I just made them a couple days ago. Normally I would leave the last one for my toddler or husband being the amazing mom and wife that I am, but I’m nine months pregnant so all food must go straight to baby! Ha!
White chocolate chips, dried cranberries, orange zest and juice make these delectable cookies taste so amazing. Adding the zest of the orange right into the batter allows the cookie to be infused with flavors of tantalizing citrus and spice. While adding the juice of the orange into the glaze gives that perfect balance of orange flavor all around. My favorite way to eat these is just after the frosting has cooled slightly and the white chocolate inside is still warm and gooey. One other important ingredients is the oats, allowing the perfect texture and chewiness of this cookie.
I’m challenging anyone who bakes for holiday cookie swaps or bakeoffs to give this cookie a try! You will not be anything but overly excited at the exceptionally delicious results!
P.S. My favorite white chocolate chips are back in at Trader Joe’s!!! They are a seasonal item so get them before they are gone!
- ⅔ cup softened butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 1½ cups old fashion oats
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In medium bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, orange zest and set aside
- Using stand mixer or hand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk
- Slowly add dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix
- Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips
- Drop rounded tablespoons on to a non stick baking pan( I like to press my thumb into the top of each cookie flattening it a bit)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a golden brown
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
- While cooling make the Glaze
- In medium bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk and orange juice
- Take cooled cookies and dip the tops into the glaze
- Transfer glazed cookie to parchment paper to set
- Makes about 30 cookies