Trust me… Your going to want to try this easy and delicious Simple Chicken Noodle Soup!
My baby is sick!!! Every mom knows nothing in the world is worse then when we can not magically wave our mommy wands and make everything better. All we can do is help them rest, keep them hydrated and love them with all the snuggles and kisses in the world. Knowing we are going to get sick soon after these kisses doesn’t stop us. When we do eventually get sick we are usually to relieved our babies are better or too busy taking care of our husbands who swear they have it worse. Naturally as women we Google their symptoms just in case, while helping our big babies back to health.
Usually when my family gets sick the laundry piles up, the kitchen is in disarray and everyday chores become neglected. So I’ve found a quick recipe for chicken noodle soup that still has all the freshness and flavor without being too overwhelming in a time of chaos.
I don’t have magical powers but I some how feel like I’m magically healing my families bodies when making them chicken noodle soup. I know it is the one thing my toddler will always attempt to eat, even when ill. This is my families prescribed medicine. I highly encourage organic vegetables, chicken and broth for this soup. The most important ingredient being love!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large ribs of celery
- 2 dried bay leafs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 32 ounce containers of chicken broth
- 1 small organic rotisserie chicken
- 1.5 cups wide egg noodle
- Couple tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or to taste
- Fresh or dried dill to taste
- Dice onion
- Slice carrot and celery in thin slices (I suggest a hand mandolin)
- Rough chop parley and set aside
- I prepare all veggies so I can shred the entire rotisserie chicken by hand while veggies are cooking
- Add olive oil to large pot over medium heat
- Add carrot and cook for 2 min
- Add onion and cook another 2 min
- Add celery and cook for additional 2 min
- Add bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add stock to the pot and bring to boil
- Boil for 2 min
- Add the noodle cook time about 6 min
- Add shredded chicken the last minute (I use a small organic rotisserie chicken and add all of the breast meat but you can add more or less depending on your liking)
- Turn off heat and remove the bay leaf
- Add parsley and dill
- Taste the seasonings at this point to check if needs more salt or pepper and serve
Other delicious soups you may enjoy!