YES you absolutely need to eat these. I have been having a lot of stressful days latley so to combat them I indulge. Did I mention this dessert is naturally gluten free! You also get a serving of fruit, honey is soothing to your throat and chocolate has been found to have health benefits as well. If all that tricks your mind into thinking your eating healthy then sure tell yourselves that. I’m all about telling myself that chocolate is good for me and a glass a wine a day as well. Everything in moderation, as I sit here wearing my yoga pants and unwind with that glass of wine in hand doing everything but yoga.
The coconut and corn flake combo gives you the crunch you crave with a flavor to be desired. You can serve with honey, warm chocolate sauce or both, but be sure to add that dusting of sugar on top, via whisking mama’s orders 😉 These detectable little bites of heaven are also divine on top of vanilla ice cream. These truly are The Best Fried Bananas I’ve ever had.
This Warm Chocolate Sauce takes only a couple minutes and two ingredients!
Click on picture below for recipe!
- 3 ripened bananas
- 1 cup corn flakes
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Canola oil for frying
- Warm Chocolate Sauce
- Confectioners sugar
- Add enough oil to pan to cover half way up the banana slice
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat
- In plastic bag finely smash up the corn flakes
- Lay out 3 low bowls
- In first bowl add flour and cinnamon, mix with fork
- In second bowl add the two eggs and whisk
- In third bowl add corn flakes and coconut flakes
- Cut banana in half and again lengthwise in half making four pieces
- Dip the banana in the flour, then egg and finally into the cornflake mixture
- Place into oil adding only 3 pieces at a time to not over crowd
- Cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, watching closely
- Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel
- Serve with honey, Warm Chocolate Sauce (See recipe above) and powder sugar
- Also taste great on top of vanilla ice cream!