I hate anything that’s over complicated, hence my love for finding simple crafts that turn out beautifully. This Valentines Canvas idea sparked over my sons Winter break from school. Over the break we used snow flake foam stickers and they went to town with two tones of blue paint. The children thoroughly enjoyed making this canvas art and the reveal was quite entertaining with ohhs and ahhs. Then up on the wall our beautiful snow flake canvas went. Now, being February here in cold midwest it’s time to avoid anything winter related and what a better way to warm up the mood then with hearts.
Here pictured below are the foam stickers purchased at my local Hobby Lobby craft store. Just make sure when your kiddos are done placing their stickers you give a nice press to ensure no paint sneaks under them. You can pick any colors for your canvas, but for my two year old I preferred sticking to shades of the same hue. That way when the paint blended together it did not turn into one big brown canvas.
First, I placed out a large sheet on our kitchen table and let the little’s have fun painting. Just make sure they know to get close to all the edges of the hearts with paint. I showed them to dab the paint brush around the hearts. You can have them use foam brushes, paint brushes or even fingers will work, we chose to use all three.
If you’re looking for a fun and simple craft to enjoy, then this Valentines Canvas will leave you stress free and smiling. The kids will have fun and the reveal of this canvas is beautiful. I choose to hang the Valentines Canvas on the wall with Command Picture Hanging Strips, that way I can take down and put up new canvas art work as we make them.
That smile warms my heart 🙂
- White Canvas
- Foam heart stickers
- Foam brushes and/or paint brushes
- optional: plastic plates, sheet
- Prepare paints, brushes and place out table cloth
- Place foam heart stickers randomly onto the white canvas, make sure to press firly around the edges of hearts
- Paint canvas covering all of the white surfaces, make sure to dab the brush around the hearts to cover completely
- Allow paint to dry 1-2 hours and once dry easily remove the foam stickers from canvas
- Tip: do not leave foam sticker on over night to dry because it will be slightly more difficult to remove them from the canvas