Fathers Day is this Sunday and if you’re looking for a delicious new breakfast to wow Dad, look no further! Do you want to know the best part, this entire Waffled Corn Bread with Green Chiles and Cheddar meal was done in twenty minutes using two of my favorite kitchen tools, The Breville Panini Grill and All Clad Waffle Maker. I think this is an original twist on foods most Dads already love and it will make them feel special for their well deserved day. I personally bought the corn bread mix and sweet Italian pork sausages from Trader Joe’s, one of my favorite grocery stores, but you can substitute for your favorite corn bread mix and sausages.
See that fancy ketchup design? It’s sure to make Dad feel special, give him a creative and scrumptious way to start his day. I seriously don’t think you will want to eat corn bread another way, the crunch on these Waffled Corn Bread with Green Chiles and Cheddar make them phenomenal. To all the single Dads working hard to raise their kiddos this is a great recipe to make for yourself with out a lot of fuss. Whatever you’re doing this Sunday enjoy your day and most importantly, Happy Fathers Day!
You can switch up this recipe by adding chopped jalepenos in place of the green chiles for an extra kick of flavor.
- 1 box Trader Joe corn bread mix (or corn bread mix of choice, but adjust ingriedients to that boxes directions, adding the green chiles and cheddar as written below)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ of a 4 ounce can of Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles (optional: substitute for chopped jalepenos)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Canola Oil Spray
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat
- Beat egg and oil in large mixing bowl
- Mix in milk, green chiles and cheddar cheese
- Add corn bread mix and stir until moistened
- Spray waffle maker with canola oil spray before each waffle
- Add batter to waffle maker, filling ¾ of the way
- Cook until light golden brown and remove by lifting waffle with fork and transfer with spatula onto a plate or cooling rack.
- Tip do not stack waffles, they will not be as crunchy if you do
- Serve with a side of grilled sausages, maybe even some scrambles eggs