A perfect Sunday to a man usually involves a favorite sports team and favorite game day foods. This recipe is something to help change up your usual game day burgers and cause a reaction of cheers and screams. I can’t guaranty it will make your spouse or loved ones less cranky if their team losses, but it won’t hurt to try.
This Burger reminds me of everything you love about a taco made into a delicious burger, with a sauce that delivers a punch of flavor and spice. For that beautiful zesty sauce use any favorite taco seasoning of your choice mixed with sour cream, but if you are looking for one that will really wow your taste buds use Mamma Mia’s Beer Taco seasoning mix by the original Seefurth family. Just click on the link to purchase or find a local store where you can buy this perfect blend of seasonings! I originally found this at my local Whole Foods grocery store, can’t forget to mention tons of black beans and cheddar go right into this delicious patty. For the topping add lettuce and tomato, it will pair great with that zesty sauce your making. They only have these specific slider buns at select whole foods stores, but if you can get your hands on them you won’t be sorry.
The perfect patty, simple toppings, zesty sauce and a perfect bun sounds like my kind of burger whether it’s game day or not!
For indoor grilling I love to use my Breville Panini Grill
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup cooked black beans or from can rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Zesty Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons of Mamma Mia, beer taco seasoning mix (or favorite taco seasoning)
- Mix in large mixing bowl all the ingredients for the burger, careful not to over mix
- Form patties slightly bigger than the buns your using
- Use outdoor grill, grill pan or my favorite the Breville Panini press and grill
- Cook until cooked all the way through or internal temp around 165F recommended for turkey
- Let burgers rest while you prepare lettuce and tomato
- Finally the sauce, mix sour cream and seasoning, you may double the recipe if you plan on generously using the sauce
- Assemble burgers and enjoy!