Banana and chocolate…goes together like peanut butter and jelly, milk and cookies, salt and pepper, eggs and well everything, seriously what can you not pair with eggs?! We use eggs in baked goods, with veggies for omelets, on top of some meats, and with pasta, etc…. I love making lovely spaghetti carbonara, classic deviled eggs or a fried egg along side a piece of buttered toast; I sure am making myself so hungry typing this, you?
I just went from taking about my obsession of banana and chocolate to my love for everything eggs, gosh I love blogging about food. Seriously, if you ever met me most conversations are either about my kids or food! I feel so blessed right now typing that I can write openly about my love for food and sharing my favorite recipes with everyone. This is definitely where I hope to be the rest of my life, creating new recipes and sharing them all with you.
It’s safe to say the combination of banana and chocolate is one of my favorite food addictions. These are The Best Double Chocolate Banana Muffins you will ever make. The delectable muffins are filled with tons of banana, rich cocoa and dark chocolate chunks. I’ve tweaked and re-tweaked this recipe so much over the years, in my opinion this is the ultimate muffin recipe that you and your whole family will become obsessed with.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa (Suggestion: Rapunzel organic Cocoa Powder, purchased at whole foods and other retailers)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⅓ cups mashed ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup of dark chocolate baking chips (Suggestion: 365 dark chocolate baking chunks from whole foods)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and set aside
- In medium bow mix bananas, oil, egg
- Combine the wet ingredients to dry
- Roughly chop the baking chips with a large knife and fold all the chips into the batter(include dusting of chocolate from chopping)
- Line muffin pan with paper liners and fill ¾ of the way with batter (makes 12-13 muffins)
- Bake at 350F for 24-26 minutes