Homemade garlic bread is the only way in my house. Never again will I buy pre packaged frozen breads. Buying them year after year not realizing how simple making fresh garlic bread was and the best part is having the control to customize the ingredients to your preference. If I’m really craving garlic I can add as much as I want and when im in the mood for something cheesy I just sprinkle on as much parmesan as my heart desires. Takes only a couple minutes to make and three minutes in the broiler on low till its complete. Thinking about it now, this is quicker than the frozen stuff that has to first defrost in the oven before heating through. It is also cheaper and I know every mom loves cheaper better tasting foods that are not time consuming. Line a baking sheet with foil and throw these breads right on, having one less pan to clean up is my happy pill.
Lets face it, we are all so busy most days that we don’t have time to make everything from scratch. Using frozen foods usually to help aid in our fight against the never ending busy circle of life. Here is that one exception where we can make something quick and delicious with out losing valuble time. The truth is we rather spend time watching our children laugh, just sit on the couch to unwind or get out and take that afternoon walk just to breath some fresh air.
- ½ Baguette Loaf
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of grated parmesan ramano blend (or parmesan only if you prefer)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler to low
- In small bowl mix together the softened butter, olive oil, parmesan ramano cheese, 2-3 garlic cloves using a garlic press, chopped parsley, salt and pepper
- Slice the half baguette into 4 large pieces
- Spread the mixture onto each slice evenly
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil
- Broil on low for about 3 minutes but watch closely after 2 minutes
- Note: You can easily double this recipe if needed or save the other half loaf for leftovers the next day