I’m challenging everyone to try these Raspberry Cream Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I was a hair dresser for over ten years and in the beginning of my career I did not see myself as artistic. It was around my fifth year as a hair dresser that I learned I was not only artistic but very talented in my field. My love for creating beautiful hair will never fade, but my passion for food trumps all. After creating these I tested them out on my co workers one year. I received nothing but wonderful compliments and feed back, encouraging me to continue baking.
When I first started cooking I felt the same way as I did when starting as a hair dresser. I did not think I was talented or artistic, with time that also changed. As I grew more confident in my cooking and baking skills it allowed me to be more adventurous. Yes, there were many failed attempts along the way, but unlike my previous job tittle (hairstylist) I could fail as much as my heart desired without being sued. If I did not like my new recipe, no one had to know. The wonderful thing about cooking, there is always something new to try and if adventurous the possibilities are endless.
My favorite little Cuisipro Cupcake Corer is a very simple and effective tool. Now I can pipe in that rich raspberry whipped cream filling, leaving all the room on top of the cupcake for my luscious cream cheese frosting. Top that with a sweet raspberry for extra eye candy. Using flower paper liners makes these perfect for spring or summer. They are little flowers you can eat, how pretty.
This delicious cupcake recipe is amazing and I don’t want any cupcake lover to miss out on!
- 1 box of Trader Joe's Vanilla cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup cold milk
- cupcake liners
- Raspberry Filling:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Plastic zip lock bag or pastry bag for piping
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup softened butter
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare cupcake pan with liners
- Mix vanilla cake mix according to package
- Fill ⅔ of the way into each cupcake liner
- Bake for 16-18 minutes (I test at 16 minutes)
- While baking start preparing the raspberry filling
- Whip the cream until it is whipping cream
- In small food processor or blender puree the jam
- add sugar and pureed raspberry jam folding into the whipping cream
- Add mixture to plastic bag or pastry bag
- Once cupcake have cooled use cupcake corer or cut out centers for filling
- Pipe in some of the raspberry cream filling to the top of the cupcake
- In medium sized bowl add softened cream cheese, butter and mix till well incorporated
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well
- Spread or pipe desired amount of cream cheese frosting on each cupcake
- Top with fresh raspberry
- Refrigerate until serving
- Before serving allow cupcakes to sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes
- Makes 18 cupcakes