Ok…I’m ecstatic! Sitting in my kitchen trying to create a new spread for toasted baguettes and these are superb!
Doing the happy dance in the kitchen, I realized that I’m going to be “that” mom! You know, the one who embarrasses her children. I see it going one of three ways when my son is a teenager, he laughs at my dorky dancing in the kitchen, he hides from embarrassment or he joins in doing the dorky happy dance with me (a mom can dream right!). Either way my enthusiasm for finding new recipes is not going away so he will have to get over it! Lucky for me he’s a toddler and this is hilarious entertainment for now!
Roasted asparagus and garlic on its own has such great flavor and adding ricotta to anything seems to never be a bad idea. Last minute I thought to myself “Lemon peel!” I simply grated the lemon over the baguettes just before broiling, how beautiful! This luscious creamy mixture has a hint of lemon juice to balance all the flavors.
Easter is on it’s way, this is the perfect appetizer to start your celebration. It’s quick and simple and is sure to please your guest. I’m very proud of this one. Enjoy!
- Ricotta spread:
- ½ pound asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ baguette loaf
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 400F
- Rough chop asparagus and garlic and mix with olive oil
- Salt and pepper lightly or to taste
- Transfer to baking sheet and roast for about 18-20 min
- While roasting cut baguettes into ¼ inch slices
- Spray or lightly brush with olive oil on one side
- Very lightly salt and pepper
- Zest lemon peel and sprinkle over top the baguettes
- Put onto baking sheet lined with foil if you prefer less clean up
- Remove roasted veggies from oven and preheat broiler to low
- Take small food processor or blender and toss in roasted asparagus and garlic mixture
- Add ricotta, lemon juice, olive oil and salt to the mixer
- Blend together until smooth consistency and set aside in a serving bowl
- Put the baguettes in the broiler on low for 1-2 until a light golden brown watching very closely (only broiling one side)
- Serve immediately