(TRIGGER WARNING: This episode highlights child loss and a controversial topic. The Whisking Mama Show is a platform for women to share their story and Inspire others. This platform does not discriminate against women’s views and allows this to be a safe place to talk about their personal experiences.)
On the third episode of THE WHISKING MAMA SHOW, my guest speaker is a women who inspires others everyday. Kelly’s health took a turn for the worse, resulting in suffering from multiple health aliments and the loss of three babies. She chooses to speak out as a way to educate others, but also to help them to live a healthier lifestyle.
While uncovering the one recipe that fuels Kelly’s soul I immediately felt a connection (because chocolate chip cookies are life)…
- ⅔ cup organic brown sugar
- ⅔ cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional but yummy)
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour (I like Namaste Foods brand)
- 1 cup organic chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat over to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone cooking mat.
- In large bowl or mixer, beat together sugars, butter, salt, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth.
- Add in egg and beat until smooth.
- Slowly mix in flour and then chocolate chips
- Spoon balls of dough on to cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Cool before removing from cookie sheet