Wouldn’t you love to have a panini whenever you felt like it? My answer is “YES” and “who wouldn’t?!” The day I received my first panini maker as a Christmas gift my life changed forever. I did not have to go to the local bakery to enjoy paninis anymore and could customize them any way my heart desired. After owning the Breville Panini Press & Grill for about four years now I can confidently say it is one of my must have kitchen gadgets. Now that I have it I never want to be without, but who would?! I can grill my chicken, turkey burgers and sausages in half the time and they come out extremely juicy and tender. Trust me when I say this must be your Christmas present to yourself this year or to anyone you love.
Do you know the best way to enjoy your Home Made Panini?
Along side home made soup of course!
Here are my 3 personal Faves!!!
Home made paninis and a bowl of soup gives me feelings of comfort, warmth and happiness. I hope you convince yourself to splurge and commit to a panini maker soon so you might enjoy this delicious Ultimate Turkey Panini at home. Imagine yourself hanging out in your pj’s on a cold fall or winter afternoon eating your panini along side a bowl of homemade soup, doesn’t that sound wonderful.
Two different kinds of melted warm cheese, bacon, tomato slices, turkey, mayo, dried basil and a little bit of salt and pepper; all pressed together with sourdough bread that has been lightly misted with olive oil. Yes, I said misted, you can brush the olive oil on or use butter if desired, but I love using my oil mister from Crate & Barrel a simple tool, yet effective.
- Sliced sourdough bread
- olive oil or softned butter
- Sliced deli turkey
- Trader Joe's Fully Cooked Uncured Bacon or bacon of choice
- Sliced tomatoes
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat panini maker
- Prepare bacon, if using Trader Joe's Fully Cooked Uncured Bacon or bacon simply heat in microwave according to directions on packaging
- Lightly mist outer bread slices with olive oil or spread on softened butter
- Add a little mayo to one slice, then some shredded mozzarella cheese on top
- Then add your tomato slices and season with dried basil, salt and pepper
- Add your sliced turkey
- Add shredded cheddar cheese
- Add bacon and top with a pinch more of either cheese to glue it all together
- Top with sourdough(oil side up) and place in your panini maker cooking until its lightly golden brown and melted