When I think of warm chocolate sauce it brings up feelings of warmth and happiness! Melting heavy cream and chocolate together will take your ordinary desserts and make them into something special. Enough with the artificial, chalk full of preservative kinds, once you make this simple sauce with your favorite chocolate chips your happiness level will sky rocket. I believe that food does alter our moods, I welcome anything that brings warmth and happiness as we start heading into this years colder weather. My personal favorite chocolate chips are Trader Joe’s semi sweet chocolate chips that have just the right amount of rich flavor and sweetness to make any dessert into a decadent delight.
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Trader Joe's semi sweet chocolate chips (or other favorite chocolate)
- Pour heavy cream into a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat, bring to simmer and turn off heat
- Immedietly add in chocolate chips and whisk
- Stirring constantly until all is well incorporated and smooth
- Serve warm over dessert of choice
- Store unused chocolate sauce in refrigerator and warm as needed